Wednesday, December 12, 2007

priceless...

Memphis Marathon Registration Fee..........$65.00

Months and Miles of Training...............okay, free, but lots of time and energy

Energel Gel................................$30.00

Gatorade...................................$20.00

Water......................................OKAY, free again!

New Running Shoes..........................$59.00 (on sale!)
(to combat plantar fasciitus)

Dr. Visit for a PT referral................$25.00 co-pay, a half day of leave from work AND 2 and a half HOURS!

Three P/T visits for treatment and
tape for PLANTAR FASCIITUS.................$50.00

Two rolls of Tape and adhesive so I can
keep running and heal the PF...............$50.00

Finishing the half-marathon in less than my best time...........PRICELESS

LECTURE from my husband for running 10 mile "long run" one week after the marathon "because it was fun, and a good route, and I was with my friends, and I'm addicted, ect.".....................EVEN MORE PRICELESS

Yes, much to my dismay at being wrong, my husband is right. If I want to heal and be able to train for another marathon in April, I need to get smart, back off and let myself heal. So next weekend, I will BIKE. but I'm still running EASY through the week, with tape. SMILES :)

3 comments:

Arland said...

You are right about the marathon being priceless. Boston will really be priceless! Good luck on your training for it and the recovery from PF. Its sometimes hard for us to understand that rest and recovery is part of the training process too but it is. I'll be able to tell you soon if thats really true I hope. After almost 4 weeks of not running I'm ready to get a few miles in! By the way, thanks for the PT name. I haven't had to use him yet but I may have to.

Holly said...

Be careful with the Plantar Fasciitus, I thought I had it after our trip and it was miserable. It is a lot better now. My mother has dealt with it for over 2 years. Her best tips are: constantly pull your toes toward you, all day and night she said. She also said it helped to stand on a bag of frozen peas, it helped to mold it to her foot. Hope that makes sense. Ouch!

Anonymous said...

I even got PF... from running that 10K last April without training properly. Funny thing for me is that is only hurts after I take my shoes off... like literally, I cannot walk. The next day, I limp around. Not fun... take care of yourself.